Saturday, May 30, 2009

Travel Log - Day 5

Well today was our last day in Arizona. We leave tomorrow morning real early. Brooke and Camryn both knew this would be the last day - and they wanted today to be fantastic. We started out our day pretty normal. We got to Bristow's and the kids played, Angie and I scrapbooked. It was Mike's birthday so he didn't have to do anything he didn't want to. I love birthdays for that reason alone. We had lunch and then we went and saw the movie Up. That was so funny. I can't wait for Ron to see it so we can go around the house and say "Squirrell" So stinking funny. After the movie we came home, I helped Angie ice Mike's cake, and then we made pizza dough. I sent Mike and Angie out to dinner while I cooked the pizza for the starving 7 kids. I read a book while the kids played the Wii and the computer. When they came home we did cake and ice cream and sang happy birthday. Angie and I then left Mike with the kids and we went to Walmart and I got some food for the car trip tomorrow. Which i am not excited about. 12 hour trip with four kids bv myself - I know they can do it. I just hope I don't loose my mind in the process. After shopping I came back to thier house and got the kids packed up. Lots of hugs for everyone. It was very sad driving away. All the girls in the car were crying and Race saying - I'm not crying mom.
Brooke made a great observation, she said that the Bristows feel like family. I have found that good, true friends really do feel like family. It is sad to see them go, we love to sit and visit, we can't wait to get together again. I am so glad that I have good friends like the Bristows and so many others that do feel like family. I am so blessed to have them in our lives.
Mike - happy birthday!! Angie thanks for the fun week and letting me cook with you. Camryn - You are such a true friend to Brooke, thanks. Dean - thank for being so patient with Race, he loves your legos too. Katelyn - the twins are going to miss playing with you, you are a sweetie! Rex - I really don't hate you...you are just a dog. Arizona we will see you soon.

No comments: