Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Travel Log - Day 2

It is 10:30 pm and I am in Chander, AZ. The drive today went well. The kids loved going over Hoover dam and seeing the half way completed bridge for the new road. I drove through Kingman, and Wickenberg, and Wikieup. I thought that was a weird name for a town. Wikieup. odd. Very small but memorable. The catus is blooming. It looks like they have crowns on the tops of them. Some have so many blooms ontop I couldn't count them. The yucca's are also blooming. Along the road there were little yellow, little white and large white, wild flowers. It was a really pretty drive through the desert today.
I have found after sharing a bed with Race last night, that he is an active sleeper. man oh man. His feet were on me or his head was on me. The bed was a decent sized bed, but he made it feel much smaller. He was all over the place. Putting the kids to bed tonight was much easier. They complained that the light was on, but as soon as I got my contacts out and went potty, all four of them were asleep. Phoebe didn't even have time to suck her finger.
We got here about 1:00 in the afternoon. We walked into the room and all the kids commented on how small it was. Mind you it is the same as most hotel rooms, two beds, a bathroom, a closet area, and a desk. But after last nights room any hotel room would be small unless it was the presidental suite. I just thought it was funny how much my kids compair hotel rooms. I know Ron and I do it, but to hear it come out of the kids mouths made me laugh a little. "This room is smaller than last night. It is even smaller than the one at Disneyland." "Yeah, your right, it is smaller." Again, my kids love hotels a little too much, when they can start comparing them.
Well, it is getting late and i am so tired. Tomorrow should be a lot of fun and hot.

No comments: