Friday, February 19, 2010

Dish-Pan Hands


My dishwasher is broken.  I guess I could still use it, but the heating element is broken and it won't heat the water and dry the dishes.  It doesn't clean very well.  I am sad it broke.  I did find the part for it and it didn't cost all that much to get it, but it will take 2-3 weeks to get the part.  I was sad.  Now I had to do dishes by hand. Cringe.  I don't have a drying rack.  So off to Walmart I go to get a drying rack and bottom thingy.  Oh what a sour mood I was in.  I get to Walmart and they had drying racks on clearance in RED.  I was happy.  It would match my kitchen.  So this morning I was set to wash the dishes - bound and determined I would get this nasty chore done.

I forgot how I loved, as a child, watching the bubble grow as the water fills the sink.  I had forgotten how warm the water was and I had forgotten how peaceful it was to stand and do dishes.  Something else I forgot, gloves - for my hands as I now have dish-pan hands. :) 

1 comment:

Wendy said...

It really is relaxing - once you can get yourself to do it.